A chatbot is an artificial intelligence program that converses with humans. Chatbots can perform a wide variety of tasks, such as answering questions, completing tasks, and playing games.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to create a simple chatbot in Node.js. You will create a chatbot that can answer simple questions, like “What’s your name?” and “How old are you?”
You will learn the following:
– How to create and use a Node module to interact with the user.
– The basics of Express.js and MongoDB.
– An overview of React, Redux, ImmutableJS, Webpack, Jest, ESLint, and other tools that you will use to build your chatbot.
## What is a chat bot?
To understand what a chat robot is, you need to know what a chatbot is. A chatbot can be defined as a computer program that has the ability to converse and interact with humans in a natural, human-like way. Chatbot technology has been around for a while, but it’s only recently that the technology has advanced to the point where it can be used in the real world. For example, chatbots have been used to answer customer service questions on websites such as Amazon.com.
Here are some examples of chatbots that you can use to answer questions and complete tasks:
– Answering questions: Chatbots are capable of answering questions and conversing with users. They can answer questions such as “What is your name? “, “How are you? “, and “Where are you from?”
– Completing tasks: Some chatbots can also be used to complete tasks for users. You can use chatbots for things such as checking your bank account balance, checking your flight status, or booking a hotel room.
Note: Chatbots have the potential to be very useful, but they are still in their early stages of development. There are a lot of challenges that have to be overcome before chatbots become a common part of our daily lives.
## Chatbot scripting basics
Before you start creating your own chatbot, it’s a good idea to learn the basics of chatbot scripting. This will help you understand how chatbots work, and you will be able to understand the code that you write in the rest of this tutorial. Here are some of the basic things that you should know about chatbots:
You can also think of the user as interacting with a program on the user’s computer. In this case, the user would be interacting with the program on his or her computer, not on a website.
– Chatbot frameworks: A framework is a set of tools that make it easier to create programs. The most popular chatbot frameworks are Express.js, MongoDB, React, Redux, ImmutableJS, Webpack, Jest, ESLint, and others.
You will learn more about these frameworks in the next section.
## An Overview of the Chatbot Frameworks
A chatbot framework is a collection of tools, libraries, and other resources that you use to create your chat bot. Here is a brief overview of the different types of frameworks that you might use:
– Express – Express is a web application framework that makes it easy to create web applications. It is used to build chatbots, websites, APIs, and many other types of applications.
– Node – Node is an open-source, cross-platform runtime environment for developing server-side applications. Node is used in chatbots and other applications that need to run on the server side of the application.